Monday, November 29, 2010

Welcome - Holdings

Welcome,

This is the first post on my new blog, Capital Defense. This blog will be updated daily with relevant news, thoughts, strategies and trades. What makes this blog different from other financial sites is that I will be putting my money where my mouth is, openly sharing what trades I am making (when I make them) and why.

Below is an overview of my holdings. Over the next couple of days I will elaborate on the specific sectors and companies below.

My portfolio has been constructed with an emphasis on 1. Sector Analysis and 2. SIRP (David Rosenberg's concept of Safe Income at a Reasonable Price). I am currently 86 % Long, and 14 % Cash.

Today there are a lot of rumblings underneath the market, quite literally being papered over by the Fed via policies of Quantitative Easing. Should these rumblings become more pronounced I will look to add to my cash position and/or short positions.


Holdings:
Sector: Energy-weight 28 %
Linn Energy (LINE) - weight: 20 %. yield 7 %
Vermilion Energy (VEMTF)-weight 8 %. yield 5 %

Sector: Gold-weight 24 %
Central GoldTrust (GTU)- weight 16 %
Market Vectors Gold Miners (GDX)-weight 8 %

Sector: AMREIT-weight 11 %
Cypress Sharpridge Investments (CYS)-weight 6 %. yield 18 %
Capstead Mortgage Corporation (CMO)-weight 3 %. yield 9%
Anworth Mortgage Asset Corporations (ANH)-weight 2 %. yield 13 %

Sector: Other -weight 21 %
Atlantic Power (AT)-weight 8 %. yield 8 %
Mosaic Company (MOS)- weight 5 %
Market Vectors Vietnam (VNM)- weight 3 %
Brookfield Infrastructure Partners (BIP)-weight 3 %. yield 5 %
Quadra FNX Mining (QADMF)- weight 2 %
Lynas Corporation (LYSCF)-weight 1 %

1 comment:

  1. The two best gold ETFs in my opinion are GTU and PHYS. Currently, the former sells for about a 2% premium to NAV whilst the latter goes for a 3.81% premium, making GTU the better buy at the moment. NAVs for these ETFs can be found by googling their names and going to their respective websites.

    ReplyDelete